Monday, March 2, 2015

Bangkok - Finishing this tour

FFrom Vientiane, it is just about 20km to the border of Thailand, where I had my third beer. 

I followed the winding river Mekong to the village of Chiang Khan. 
Mekong river & Laos on the other side

Rain in Chang Khan

Just as I arrived in the little village, it starts raining buckets. No big deal, the rain may be pretty intensive, but normaly does not last very long.
Anyway, I took a day off before heading the last 600 km down to Bangkok. 

Straight Road South 

White Budha in province Loei

Hot

It became really hot. I saved myself from one 7-Eleven to the next one. 

7-Eleven and the decision

The last 230km had been planned as two long days. At the 'end' of day One, After about140km, at 6pm, when the sun had set, I listened to my legs and they told me: 'fresh'. So, I tried, what I always wanted to do: I cycled on - How much is possible? 
Riding @ night

Short before noon I arrived at the Khao san road in Bangkok. Incredible. I was happy. 

The next days, I recovered and visited some of the tourist attractions. 

45m long lying Budha

Tempels



No comments:

Post a Comment